Benefits of Private 1:1 Coaching
Listen to the great former U.S. President Jimmy Carter (1977–1981) explain the benefits of working with a professional coach: partnering to create change.
Individual Confidential Attention
Private coaching focuses solely on your personal and/or career and business goals, and desired outcomes. It is a highly confidential way to pursue matters you may not want to share publicly, or when you want to brainstorm and have a sounding board prior to sharing with others. Making changes at mid-career and later can go in so many different directions, and impact significant collegial and family relationships, creating confusion and hampering progress. Working privately can quickly address those issues so you can communicate clearly with the people important to you.
Together we address the subjects most important to you, based on your unique set of circumstances. In the years leading up to mid-career, many subjects outside a focus on work and family matters often get set aside. So, we re-discover what is most important to you now, and what you want to accomplish for this time of life and beyond. Subjects might include (and are not limited to):
- Defining an encompassing vision for what you want now (especially if you are not crystal clear on what that is now)
- Designing a comprehensive life plan that incorporates everything important to you
- Identifying the interests and skills you most prefer using in whatever you do next – whether inside or outside your current form of work
- Exploring options for different directions for your work, or different ways to pursue it (full-time, part-time, in an organizational context or your own business, pursuing virtual work with a “laptop lifestyle,” serving on advisory boards, or even running for office…)
- Health and fitness needs related to desired types and levels of preferred activities
- Identifying financial needs to maintain or grow net worth, or determine income distribution from investments
- Addressing estate planning, so you can set up and manage philanthropic interests
- Determining other methods for making a bigger greater contribution in areas and ways you care about
- Handling family support matters for maturing children or aging elders, and engaging family in your desired life or career changes
- Finding the right financial and legal advisors, if needed
- Incorporating what creates greater life satisfaction for you, such as
* Personal development, new areas of learning or spiritual practice
* Taking on leadership activities with greater confidence
* Developing new areas of interest (or those previously set-aside to focus on career)
* Setting up more purposeful ways to spend time with friends
* Designing meaningful leisure time with hobbies, recreation or travel
* Determining residence needs and desires for a preferred lifestyle and workstyle
Results You Can Anticipate
In addition to accomplishment of tasks and goals, you may have many of the following experiences:
⇒ Discover what you really want based on your true values
⇒ End confusion, overwhelm and wastes of time and money (or devise ways to earn more or differently)
⇒ Stay focused on what’s important in your life
⇒ Develop meaningful direction
⇒ Move gracefully through fear and doubt, and trust your decisions
⇒ Identify and overcome barriers
⇒ Experience greater effectiveness and reduce stress
⇒ Improve communication skills and strengthen relationships
⇒ Gain self-confidence by taking effective and deliberate action
⇒ Live and work with more passion, purpose and satisfaction
⇒ Achieve breakthrough results, or whatever else your heart desires
⇒ Enjoy unconditional, honest and high integrity support for your personal best
And much more! Check it out for yourself:
Schedule a complimentary New Directions Discovery consultation
Find out more. No obligation if you qualify. Discover your next best move forward!
When was the last time you gave thoughtful attention to designing and building
true fulfillment into your life, work and other involvements?!
The systematic process of the MASTERFUL LIFE Redesign program can help you do that quickly and effectively.
What Some Clients Have Shared About Their Experience…
“Helped Me Transition… Changed Everything”
I really look forward to our sessions. Well spent “time out” from busy-ness to just think, summarize the past month’s achievements and focus more on the things I haven’t found time for. Sometimes I struggle to explain something I’m having a problem with, but you quickly find a relevant reference to help with my dilemmas! That helps me with Step #1, understanding myself first. I introduced my son to you, and you’ve been a great encouragement to him and his business, too. If you wouldn’t have helped me transition from my service in the Coast Guard to my real estate business, we probably would have re-located out of the Keys. That would have changed everything. I doubt that my son and his family would have moved to the Keys. Don’t even want to think about that. Thank you!Jim Smith
“The Time Involved To Recreate Myself Would Have Been Too Great”
When we started working together I was running my own family law mediation practice, and considering other possibilities to better address both my work and my personal involvements. Our work helped me focus on other options that were more interesting and exciting for me yet allowed me to use the skills and experience I have already acquired. It opened that creative process and helped me think outside the box.
As a result, rather than thinking that all great opportunities must be out of sight, far away, requiring more education or meeting the right people … we looked closer to home, where I discovered the opportunities right under my nose! If I had not taken the time to stop and think, I may have leapt too far away from my home base, current skills and abilities, and the time involved to recreate myself would have been too great!!Bonnie J. Helms, Esq.
“Your Counsel Was Instrumental In Taking The Next Step In My Life’s Journey”
It was a pleasure working with you. At a time in life when I was looking for answers our paths crossed and your counsel was instrumental in taking the next step in my life’s journey. Working with you I was able to bring ideas to the surface that were of interest to me, start a new career, and meet my goal of living a more meaningful and better quality of life. If not for you, I would have still been going to a cubical every day, not much of a life. Today I enjoy my work, appreciate the abundance of time I get with my family, and the adventures I encounter.
May your journey be blessed with the all the best!Bret G. Pels